By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PS3 bundles with Blu-Ray movies in Italy

http://www.gamestar.it/showPage.php?template=News&id=12419&argomento=PlayStation+3&feed=1

My Italian is not great, but from what I can read, it's a bundle with the Spiderman 3 Blu-Ray movie. It will be announced on the 12th of October. The price hasn't been announced, and they don't even know if it will be lower than the current bundle's price. The Sony Italy person said "we're still thinking [about the pricing]".

It also talks about future cooperation with Buena Vista to launch bundles with "300" and the new Pirates of The Caribbean movie.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

What is the "current bundle"?

Sony and their damn bundles are pissing me off. They need to lower the price to take off in Europe not add more value at a high price.

Also, if Sony's PS3 England and France sales do not improve over this fiscal year Sony can just forget about being anything in Europe this gen.

kamil said:
What is the "current bundle"?

As far as I know, the current official bundle is PS3 + 1 extra controller + Motorstorm + Resistance:Fall of Man for 599 €.

Reviving this topic because an update has been posted to Gamestar in Italy (the first Italian site to break the news about the announcement on the 12th of October):

http://www.gamestar.it/showPage.php?template=News&id=12462&argomento=PlayStation+3&feed=1

According to them, Sony Italy told them that:

- the information about software bundles is wrong
- an announcement regarding PS3 will be done on the 5th of October (Friday)
- "Officially" the announcement will not be about a price drop (but the site wonders if there's anything said between the lines there, according to my interpretation meaning that a new model is not officially a price drop)

I wonder if this is why Sony Europe says that there is no announcement planned for the 12th :D

Around the Network

Today is the 3rd? Wow Im stupid.

mM